Saturday, November 05, 2005

the 5 foot illuminated flute

i don't think i'd be very good at meditation.

i bought a bottle of champagne this evening and poured myself a glass just as my bath was near full. i lit one candle, in a red glass votive holder, and rested it on the edge of the tub. beside it i placed my bubbling flute. i turned on some music, shut off the lights and stepped into my blue.

i floated there to the sounds of "being in love" by songs: ohia with my mind going a mile a minute. it changes topics in a matter of seconds and i can never seem to put any of the ideas that swim by onto paper. i get story plots, paintings, creative ideas of all sorts yet they all seem to whiz by with such speed that i can't grab hold of them. i wonder if my mind is ever at rest? i'm constantly thinking thinking thinking. somewhere i'm unfulfilled.