Friday, February 25, 2005

goodbye, farewell, auf wiedersehen, adieu

so here it is, my last day at work. i can't tell you how many times i've dreamed of typing those words in my journal. it still hasn't really soaked in yet but i'm sure sunday night will be quite nice as my head will no longer be corrupt with "shit, i don't want to work tomorrow".

i will NOT have to rise to the sound of an alarm. that'll be nice for a bit but then the fear will kick in (it's there already but it's not as strong as it will be in a couple of weeks when i'm sitting on my ass bored as piss and all i'll have to think about is the fact that my severance is drying up as the days go by). hopefully the next place i work at will have younger people i can hang out with. they finally hired a person my age here who i get along great with (our friday liquid lunches are awesome) but oh well, timing has never been a good friend of mine.

i don't have much to do today so i'm spending my time on the internet and MSN chatting with kate. that's right, i've finally joined the league of MSN messengers. if anyone wants to chat me up and keep me entertained while i'm job searching my email address is:

sequinpirate@hotmail.com

well, i'm off to enjoy my last liquid lunch with a few of the cool people who don't mind coming back to work tipsy.